Monday, January 14, 2013

Ed Camp LA


Ed Camp LA

Ed camp was a very interesting experience, although I didn’t attend in person I did read many of the different articles and look into many of the things that were talked about via Twitter. I felt that as I grow as a teacher it would be a very fun and educational thing that I should go to sometime because there is so much that people learn in the classroom and so many different perspectives that you can get from others from other schools and so forth.

After reading many of the posts on Twitter, I ran into a post by Mr. Theriault‏@MrTheriaultFVHS and I really could feel myself being there. With the use of words and pictures I could smell the cupcakes as you enter the door and see the boards with posts of what is going on and what people are going to chat about and what classes sounded fun and educational to attend. Reading about Slam! Also sounded like a lot of fun. I feel as though it would take me out of my normal element and get me talking to others because I am not one to go out of my way to meet new people.

I have also read many of the other posts and things that were said about edcamp. I found it really cute how so many people Tweeted about being so happy to go to something that is so educational. It is rare to hear things like that because so many people don’t want to do work type things outside of being at work. I hope that when I am teaching I feel the same way about things.

I also found some really great websites that I can use in the classroom and get more ideas of fun things to do using more technology and creative ways to help students gain more of an interest in learning. I feel as though it was a great experience to sit and read and become a distant part of ed camp. I hope that at some point I will be able to attend one and learn so much more about education and being a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment